Crystal candles are one of the best ways to combine all of the best parts of both crystals and candles into one amazing product. Both are amazing for self-care, as well as helping to create an environment as free of stress as humanly possible.
Utilizing crystal candles appropriately can help start a major shift in how you approach life.
The Benefits Of Candles
Candles are one of the best, most inexpensive ways to practice self-care. If you really stop and think about it, candles have been around almost as long as humans have. They’ve been a literal guiding light for us, helping us walk safely through the darkness.
We can extend that guiding light into our spiritual and mental side. Much like candles can help guide us out of the physical darkness, we can use them to help with spiritual and mental darkness as well.
Candles are especially effective when they are combined with the powers of aromatherapy. Scents meant to help induce a state of relaxation, when combined with creating a space to use them that is calm and quiet, is a great way to help both your mind and body de-stress.
Here are just a few of the most relaxing scents for that:
- Lemongrass - Although traditionally used for more physical ailments like headache and inflammation (in tea form, mostly), lemongrass has shown to help ease the mind when used in aromatherapy.
- Lavender - Perhaps the most traditional of all scents for relaxation, lavender has been used in aromatherapy for centuries. It’s fresh, clean aroma can help clear the mind and allow you to reach a deeper state of relaxation.
- Patchouli - Calmness and relaxation is the name of the game with patchouli. Although it has a potent smell that some people may not enjoy, patchouli is amazing for helping to ease tension.
- Rosemary - Rosemary may help to remove stress, as well as improve both motivation and self-confidence.
- Bergamot - Bergamot has a fresh, crisp, citrusy smell that is said to help improve emotional wellness by helping to balance the spirit.
- Jasmine - The smell of jasmine can help with balance and getting the emotions back under control.
The Benefits of Crystals
Crystals have their own, special powers that can be harnessed to help with many different issues. Their specific vibrations reach out to negativity and work to absorb it, helping to cleanse both physical and mental stress.
Essentially, crystals work as shields on a different plane of existence, one that we can’t see with our physical eyes. Although every crystal has unique abilities that it is best at, some are better than others when it comes to helping with self-care.
Some of those crystals are:
- Fluorite - This crystal can help create a pure, ideal space that allows for spiritual rest and progress.
- Clear quartz - Clear quartz is one of the most well-rounded crystals out there. It can help to amplify positivity as well as the effects of other crystals around it. Also very effective as a healer.
- Amethyst - Amethyst dispels many different negative emotions, like anger, resentment, and other unexpressed frustration.
- Rose quartz - This crystal is not only absolutely beautiful, it is also one of the most powerful at helping to attract love. This not only includes the love of others, it also includes self-love.
- Black obsidian - With black obsidian, the stone helps you to defend yourself against negative energy. Unlike other stones that just soak up the energy, black obsidian can actually bounce it back to where it came from.
- Tiger’s eye - Tiger’s eye has been used for years as a protection amulet, helping to deflect ill wishes, harm, and curses. Part of self-care is being able to protect yourself so that no one can puncture your good vibes, even if they try.
- Moonstone - Moonstone is great specifically for women, as it can help balance female energy and the hormones that so often affect our moods. It can also help give a sense of peace and calm.
No matter which crystal or crystals you select, make sure to cleanse them before using them.
That’s another part of what makes crystal candles so amazing… the fire works to cleanse them as the candle burns down, leaving fresh, neutral, cleansed crystals you can use right away after you’re done.
The Best Crystal Candles For Self-Care
There are so many crystal candles out there that choosing the best one for self-care can get a little overwhelming. Here are our favorite crystal candles.
The Positive Vibes Crystal Energy Candle® is perfect for those days when you just need a little more positivity in your life. It can help you to radiate positivity by allowing you to let go of any unwanted frustrations that you might be holding onto. It was made with clear quartz, amethyst, and purple/green fluorite crystals inside of a 100% soy wax candle that reveals them as they burn down. Combined with lavender, lemongrass, and rosemary, the Positive Vibes Crystal Energy Candle will really help you bring yourself back into alignment.
The Pure Love Crystal Energy Candle® is another great self-care option. It can help you to reach the best version of yourself while also being more open and accepting of all of the love that may come your way. Infused with both rose and clear quartz, and smelling of bergamot, jasmine, and clove, the Pure Love Energy Candle may even help you fall more in love with yourself. After all, if you can’t love yourself, how will you be able to fully love anyone else?
The Protection Crystal Energy Candle® offers help warding off the negativity that so often gets thrown at us as we go about our day. Made with black obsidian, amethyst, and tiger’s eye crystals and infused with bergamot, lavender, and eucalyptus, the candle helps fill your space with vibrant, positive energy while helping you defend yourself against bad vibes.
The Abundance Crystal Energy Candle® can attract prosperity as well as promote self-healing. Not only does it put you in a more receiving state for both financial and emotional richness, but it energizes you and motivates you to go do whatever you need to do to feel that fulfillment you’ve been looking for. It cleanses your surroundings to give you the perfect environment to thrive. The miniature crystals in this candle include citrine, clear quartz, and green jade, with a larger citrine crystal for your meditation at the very end. While you burn, breathe in the rejuvenating scents of lemon, eucalyptus, galbanum, muguet, pineapple, sandalwood, and musk.
Other Ideas For Self-Care
In addition to using crystal candles, it’s important to have a few other tricks up your sleeve when it comes to self-care.
The most obvious way to include crystal candles in a self-care day is by lighting one of them as you take a bath. Baths alone are a great way to take care of yourself, as they force you to let go of the technology that so often surrounds us and get back to paying attention to how we feel, both physically and mentally. The scent from the candle works as a form of aromatherapy to help relax you, and the crystals that come after the candle is fully burnt can be used for future meditation (essentially, a “me time” buy one get one free).
Meditation and mindfulness is self-care to the extreme. While it doesn’t take any tools, meditation is a practice. You’re not going to sit down and slip into a meditative state right away, if ever! We constantly have thoughts running through our heads, good and bad, and it takes a lot of practice to be able to stop paying so much attention to them. But once you can, your life will change for the better.
Cooking or baking is another excellent form of self care that you won’t even have to leave the house for! Light a crystal candle in the kitchen and whip up a batch of your favorite comfort food, whatever that may be. Cooking often turns into an almost meditative event for some people, who can lose themselves in the focus on getting the recipe right and forget the other stressors that may be going on. And food itself, especially healthy food that nourishes the body, just makes us feel better.
One last form of self-care, one that doesn’t get nearly as much attention as it should, is learning how to say “no.” While “no” may seem like a negative statement and be difficult for a lot of people to learn how to say, it is actually one of the best, most radical forms of self empowerment. So often we say “yes” to everything so that people don’t think we’re negative or obstinate, usually agreeing to a lot of things we don’t even want to do. Learning how to say “no” and turn down things that you don’t actually want to do is an amazing way to spend time doing the things you really want.
Crystal candles can be an incredibly powerful way to take care of ourselves. We live in a world that is so focused on being “go go go” all the time that slowing down and spending time checking in on how you feel seems like a luxury. However, self-care is one of the most important things that you can do for yourself, and it isn’t selfish to work that into your routine at least a few times a week.
Whether that is simply taking a bath with a crystal candle or using the resulting stones for protection, abundance, or just meditation, schedule some “me time” today. You deserve it.